Saturday, November 05, 2005

A Must Read....

People have been telling me to read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers for a while, but I struggle to finish books especially ones over 400 pages! But let me tell you I could not put this book down! I think I finished it in 3 days...which is amazing for me. Every believer (male and female) should read this book. A retelling of the book of Hosea, this book brought me to a greater realization of God's amazing redemptive and underserving love for me. 

Just think...we were dead in our transgression and sins (Eph. 2:1) and by nature objects of wrath! (Eph. 2:3) Yet 'at just the right time, when we were still powerless' (Rom 5:6); 'while we were still sinners, Christ died for us!' (Rom 5:9). 'He saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy.' (Titus 3:5) 'He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.' (Ps 103:10) 'As far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.' (Ps. 103:12) 'He lifted me out of the slimly pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth...' (Ps 40:2-3) He has given me a new heart....removing my heart of stone and giving me a heart of flesh! (Ez 11:19) Even if we are faithless...'He will remain faithful' (2 Tim 2:13). "Praise the Lord, O my soul and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion!" (Ps 103:2-4)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kari,
I'm putting it on my Christmas list! I started reading it over Christmas last year at my sister's house- but then got distracted by my brand new neice... so maybe this year I can read it! Hey, it was good talking to you yesterday- I am so thankful for your friendship!! Even over the great distance- the Lord is good!
Love ya,
Amy