Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Finally....After a year and four months...Starbucks!

I think we went to like 10 starbucks....it was amazing! It's not just the coffee that I love so much it's the atmosphere...the comfy chairs, the 'feel-good' music, and the smell of brewing coffee. There is NO PLACE like this in Uganda where you can just sit for hours and relax! So we definitley took advantage of it while we were in Dubai (well Christy wasn't too excited about it, but she was a great sport).

This Starbacks looks like it's outside doesn't it? Nope...it's in a mall (Ibn Battuta Mall named after the famous Arab explorer) and it's one of the coolest malls I have ever been to. There 6 different sections of the mall and each one has architecture from different countries (China, India, Persia, Egypt, Tunisia (which is where this was), and Spain). There were like 3 Starbucks alone in this one mall! Here I am enjoying my mocha coconut frappuccino....the African continent has no idea what they are missing!

2 comments:

Christy said...

you're right, I AM a good sport. Crap, I'd sit anywhere as long as it isn't Kampala!

Carmel said...

Oh my goodness, you found a starbucks!! That's crazy. It looks like you had an awesome time! See you soon, say in like 5 months!! take care.