few other basic things (the things I've learned in Uganda...I sure didn't know what an inverter was before!). It usually lasts 2-3 hours before completely draining my battery. So this past Sunday night we were having a bad storm and my alarm was sounding that my car battery was now dead. So I ran out to unhook my inverter and accidentally locked my keys under the hood of my car! Not only that but one of the inverter cables got stuck under the hood as I was shutting it. Since it was night and it was raining there wasn't much I could do. I just tied a plastic bag around the cable and waited till morning. Then I called Barry, my teammate, and he brought our mechanic and a guy who specializes in locks (i guess sort of like a lock-smith). Here they are trying to 'break into' my car. They pried open my window then used a coat hanger to unlock my door. I've had experiences locking keys in cars before (like the time when I was about 11 and I locked my baby brother in our van with it running a few days before Christmas), but this was a first to lock my keys under my hood! Just another 'fun' story of life in Africa.
"So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him." 2 Corinthians 5:9
Saturday, May 20, 2006
Have you ever locked your keys under the hood of your car?
This past week I did something pretty dumb. Every other day here we don't have electricity so I have this thing called an 'inverter' that I hook up to my car battery and I can run an extension cord into my house and charge my computer, phone, run a lamp, fan, or a
few other basic things (the things I've learned in Uganda...I sure didn't know what an inverter was before!). It usually lasts 2-3 hours before completely draining my battery. So this past Sunday night we were having a bad storm and my alarm was sounding that my car battery was now dead. So I ran out to unhook my inverter and accidentally locked my keys under the hood of my car! Not only that but one of the inverter cables got stuck under the hood as I was shutting it. Since it was night and it was raining there wasn't much I could do. I just tied a plastic bag around the cable and waited till morning. Then I called Barry, my teammate, and he brought our mechanic and a guy who specializes in locks (i guess sort of like a lock-smith). Here they are trying to 'break into' my car. They pried open my window then used a coat hanger to unlock my door. I've had experiences locking keys in cars before (like the time when I was about 11 and I locked my baby brother in our van with it running a few days before Christmas), but this was a first to lock my keys under my hood! Just another 'fun' story of life in Africa.
few other basic things (the things I've learned in Uganda...I sure didn't know what an inverter was before!). It usually lasts 2-3 hours before completely draining my battery. So this past Sunday night we were having a bad storm and my alarm was sounding that my car battery was now dead. So I ran out to unhook my inverter and accidentally locked my keys under the hood of my car! Not only that but one of the inverter cables got stuck under the hood as I was shutting it. Since it was night and it was raining there wasn't much I could do. I just tied a plastic bag around the cable and waited till morning. Then I called Barry, my teammate, and he brought our mechanic and a guy who specializes in locks (i guess sort of like a lock-smith). Here they are trying to 'break into' my car. They pried open my window then used a coat hanger to unlock my door. I've had experiences locking keys in cars before (like the time when I was about 11 and I locked my baby brother in our van with it running a few days before Christmas), but this was a first to lock my keys under my hood! Just another 'fun' story of life in Africa.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds like something someone would do if they were from that "tribe" in America that they were talking about at Spotlight...what were they called, of yeah, the Blonde tribe :)
Post a Comment