
A big thanks to the Union University volunteer nursing team that came out in May. With the money they donated we were able to provide 300 mosquito nets to Nakivale Refugee Camp! Here I am with the pastor of the 'head' Baptist Church in the camp...John Peter. The people here suffer from malaria and treatment is not available. They could not afford mosquito nets and many of their young children die of malaria. Now at least 300 people will have treated mosquito nets to sleep under to help prevent malaria...what a blessing!
Here is Jared and Roland (our translator) along with national pastors helping to unload the nets.

I bet you've always been wondering what types of road kill we have in Uganda. Well, we don't have to worry about hitting (or 'knocking' as we say here) opossums, skunks, squirrels, deer, or armadillo.....instead we have
monkeys! As I was driving to the refugee camp this little guy ran out in front of me.....sorry, sorry (as Ugandans say when something bad happens) :)
2 comments:
You hit the poor cute little monkey?!?! Kari!! I don't think I've every been one to say, 'awe' to roadkill... but, this one deserves one! At least the Ugandans take responsiblity for their faults... here it would be said, 'he jumped out infront of me and killed himself-poor little thing'...
Hope you are well! Love ya and miss ya!!
Kari,
This is one less mobile package of disease-ridden filth and putridness in the world! Monkeys may appear cute, but they are nasty, carry (and spread) all types of disease, and have no moral compass whatsoever (even for the animal world). In short, they are oh so disgusting!
I bet you can guess who wrote this! I do hope you are well and I pray that God will continue to keep you safe! We are all looking forward to seeing you again.
Jeff
Post a Comment