Last friday we spent all day in Washington D.C. Our assignment was to try to find people from our people group as well as embrace the different cultures represented. I was able to visit the Ugandan Embassy and had a wonderful experience there. The girl working the front desk was so excited when I told her I was going to be moving to Uganda; she said it is the most beautiful country in all of Africa! She was from Uganda and is in the states now going to college. Her mother is actually from the town I will be living in and she even gave me her phone number to reach her when I get to Uganda! She also spoke my language; Runyankore and taught me how to say "hi"..."Angandi". Then I spent about half an hour talking with the Ambassador of the Embassy who gladly welcomed us into his office to share about Uganda. Being there gave me a renewed passion for what I am about to encounter. The Ugandan people are so friendly and open to the gospel...I can't wait to see what God is doing there. Here I am at the embassy; the man in the picture is Uganda's president, Museveni.