
This is one of our clients, Kakazi. We went to visit her in her home and found one of the poorest living conditions I have seen yet. She rents a small mudd room where her and her 6 children stay (her husband died a few years ago). There was only one small, very thin mattress under the mosquito net we had given her. I asked where all the children (some of whom were as old as 16) slept. She pointed to mats on the ground and clothes that they must have used for blankets. Thankfully we were able to give her this blanket, and also with some of the money donated by FBC Henderson's VBS offering I was able to buy two more small mattresses for the children to sleep on. She was so appreciative...you would have thought we had given her a million dollars! I look at her situation and think, "how does she do it?" But Kakazi knows our Savior and has much joy even in circumstances that look 'bad' to us. Praise God...I can learn a lot from people like Kakazi!
No comments:
Post a Comment