Friday, December 02, 2005


As we were waiting for the meeting to start Aloyious (pastor of our Runyankore service at church and Words of Hope counselor) and Barry (my teammate) came in with this small set of 'horns' and said they were from a bug that had died. They said the bug was a bout a foot long and came out in the night and would feed off people like a parasite. I was like, 'yeah right', but Aloysious insisted that these bugs were out in deep villages like this one. Since I had never been here before I thought that maybe it was possible these bugs existed and I didn't know. So Aloysious told me to take this picture and show my family/friends back home and he put them on his head like the horns of the bug would be. After taking the picture they started laughing and I found out the truth...these horn looking things fall from trees not from a bug! They always find such joy in 'picking' on me! :)

No comments: