"So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him." 2 Corinthians 5:9
Wednesday, January 25, 2006
Napoleon Dynamite has made it to Uganda
Last night at church a guy came to Bible Study with a T-shirt that quoted Napoleon Dynamite! It said "Gimme some of your tots...I'm freakin' starvin" with a picture of some tater tots. He said he bought it in the village. I wish I had had my camera...that's crazy. I'm on the look out now for a ND shirt in the villages, but Spencer (our new teammate) informed me that the producers of ND were Mormans? Is that true? Are we supporting a cult by supporting Napoleon Dynamite? Fellow fans, I need some feedback on this one....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I do not lie: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/collective/A2777024
It seems well documented online that this film was produced by a Mormon couple.
It is also known that "The End of the Spear," a film about Christian missionaries in Ecuador, stars an actor known for homosexual activism. How about the Lord of the Rings trilogy? Gandalf is played by another actor known for homosexual activism. Will we stop there or should we stop seeing movies produced by secular humanists, atheists and agnostics?
I understand not wanting to support LDS, but you must also temper your choices with some reality. I haven't seen and don't plan to see ND, but it's not related to it's producers.
Good read:
http://www.albertmohler.com/commentary_read.php?cdate=2006-01-20
Kari, We talked about that at MLC. Where were you?
I don't know where I was...I don't remember hearing that at MLC. I thought these guys were from Idaho not Utah.
Good point Troy. I didn't necessarily mean I was going to stop watching ND...since I own the DVD. But I guess it makes me think....I probably should know more about who I am supporting. This would be a good post to have people comment on this issue. I like controversial topics. Thanks for the Al Mohler article...I'll check that out. You go to Southern?
Post a Comment