Sunday, March 05, 2006

Where should I live next?

As most of you know I will be returning to the States in about 7 months. Hard to believe...I'm excited, but sad, and nervous all at the same time. Mostly because I don't know what exactly I am supposed to do next!! I found this survery from a friend's blog at www.findyourspot.com No, I'm not so desperate as to look to the internet for advice, but I thought it would be interesting to see where it said I should live. After a series of questions I was given these top 20 cities as good 'matches' for me....

Knoxville, TN (sure never thought about living here)
Nashville, TN (a great city I would like to one day live)
Lousiville, KY (interesting cause I am seriously considering Southern Seminary after this)
Oklahoma City (never had a desire to live in OK, sorry)
Lexington, KY
Augusta, GA
Bowling Green, KY
Johnson City/Kingsport, TN
Tulsa, OK
Memphis, TN
Jacksonville, FL
Fort Worth, TX (I like DFW area)
Chattanooga, TN
Clarksville, TN
El Paso, TX
Houston, TX
Enid, OK
Dulluth, MN (where did this come from?)
Dallas, TX
San Antonio, TX

So there's a reoccurring theme of cities in KY and TN and some TX. (Funny cause those are the three states I have lived in). Where do you guys think I should live? Oh yeah, and I could use your prayers on future direction as well :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey- I took this quiz too... I think Knoxville must be paying these people extra money b/c my top choice was Knoxville too. We could live there together?! :) I think that would be so much fun!!

My top 6 were- Knoxville, El Paso, Cincinnati, Norfolk, Jacksonville and Seattle- they make the cities all look so nice!

Kari- it was great talking with you this morning- Miss you lots!

Embabazi said...

Well I think Texas pretty much speaks for itself...that site must be messed up though for anyone not to get a Texas place as #1. Must really be messedd up though if it'd suggest you live in Oklahoma. If you decide to go that route I hope you like mobile homes. Mobile-homa...the state so great that when they stole all the good land from the Native Americans, that's what was left over to stick'em on.

Anonymous said...

Hey! What's wrong with Oklahoma?

Having seen much of the country and a fair amount of the world, I am quite happy with Eastern Oklahoma. I won't be staying here (Lord-willing,) but it is hard to beat for family-friendly places.

Anonymous said...

How about Memphis, TN?!!!! :) We have an extra bedroom.
Nekayeh

Anonymous said...

Hey now, Knoxville is a nice place.

(It was #2 on my list, by the way.)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kari!
Just wanted to let you know I am in Nashville right now doing my final clinical and I love it. The city is exciting. Also, I have a friend who goes to Boyce Southern Baptist Seminary in Louisville and loves it there. If you want more info about it email me at emileenorvell@hotmail.com and I would be happy to put you in touch with her. Take care girl.
Emilee