United Arab Emirates...on the Arabian Pennisula near Saudia Arabia for those that don't know) for vacation. Dubai is one of the coolest cities I've ever been too...it's extremely rich (it's the business capital of the Middle East) and makes America look old! It is definitely one of the fasest growing cities in the world. There is one area of town where there are at least 150 high rises under construction. I've never seen anything like it! By 2008 Dubai is supposed to have the tallest building in the world. It was so nice to be in a 'real city' again with nice paved 4-lane highways and driving on the right side of the road. The big thing about Dubai is all the shopping! There are tons of malls and one even has a ski slope inside it. CLICK HERE to see more picturesHere I am in front of the famous sailboat-shaped Burj al Arab hotel on the coast of the Persian Gulf. It is the only 7-star hotel in the world and only costs about $1000 a night to stay there.
5 comments:
What's any different about driving on the left side of the road? What side you been drivin on here? If it's the right, no wonder you've had so many accidents :).
See I don't even know what's 'right' anymore I've been here too long! Thanks for catching that....I corrected it :)
Kari- I am SO JEALOUS of your trip to UAE. I don't know if you knew that I was a summer M with our company there in 2001. I worked at a hospital in Al Ain, near the Omani border. It looks like you hit all the hot spots and fun things to do! UAE is such a unique culture and diverse place- so intriguing and facinating!!!
I hope your vacation was truly relaxing and renewed you for the last stretch of your term. FInish strong, sister, and hope to see you in Louisville soon.
Love,
Amy
Kari,
Jenna found your blog by snooping around today on blogspot. Found Spencer's too. Can't wait to be back with you all in June. I think I recognized myself as a "male volunteer from the states" in one of your postings. Hope all is well with you. Anything we can get for you?
Robert
Glad you had a good trip Kari. I know that I am about ready for a vacation but I'm not going to be able to work it out. I have no one to travel with or else it's too expensive for this poor Haiti girl! But your pictures were really cool. I hope you feel refreshed and ready to finish strong! Love you. Lindsey
Post a Comment