There is a pretty good size South Asian influence here in Uganda. They own a lot of the pharmacies, grocery stores, and businesses. I have come to really like Indian food...in fact I'm just fascinated with Indian culture and burdened for the lostness of those people as well. This is a picture of the sign for my favorite restaurant in Mbarara....called 'City Top'. It is owned by a couple of Indian men and I go there at least once a week to get the vegetable curry 'hot' (you have to tell them hot or it will be so mild cause most Ugandans do not like spicy things). I don't particularly know what "Feeds like a mother" means, but I guess I'm supposed to compare it to my mother's cooking. My mother is a great cook and I thoroughly enjoy City Top so I guess it works. That's one thing I am going to miss about living here....ethnic foods and being around different cultures. I hope there's some Indian food in Evansville or Louisville.....or I guess I can learn how to make my own :)
"So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him." 2 Corinthians 5:9
Saturday, July 15, 2006
Does your favorite restaurant feed like a mother? Mine does....
There is a pretty good size South Asian influence here in Uganda. They own a lot of the pharmacies, grocery stores, and businesses. I have come to really like Indian food...in fact I'm just fascinated with Indian culture and burdened for the lostness of those people as well. This is a picture of the sign for my favorite restaurant in Mbarara....called 'City Top'. It is owned by a couple of Indian men and I go there at least once a week to get the vegetable curry 'hot' (you have to tell them hot or it will be so mild cause most Ugandans do not like spicy things). I don't particularly know what "Feeds like a mother" means, but I guess I'm supposed to compare it to my mother's cooking. My mother is a great cook and I thoroughly enjoy City Top so I guess it works. That's one thing I am going to miss about living here....ethnic foods and being around different cultures. I hope there's some Indian food in Evansville or Louisville.....or I guess I can learn how to make my own :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment