Last Saturday I took my last game park trip (since I am leaving Uganda in a little over a week) :( This time we decided to do some chimpanzee trekking since I had never done that before. Queen Elizabeth game park is the second largest park in Uganda and a couple hours from Mbarara. In the middle of the huge 'savanna' is this 16km long gorge...it's pretty amazing. There are only 17 chimps that live in the gorge and we were fortunate to see 4 (including a mother and baby). This guy below was only about 25ft above us! They are funny little creatures...we watched him for a while and he just sat there then decided to lay down and relax with his arm behind his head....they seem to be lazy animals. We saw lots of other monkeys and baboons and some other game while in the park as well. This was a great last game park experience to end on. Just can't find this kind of beauty in America. 
2 comments:
How cool is that? I like your pictures. Is sounds like you had one last good adventure. I had one more good adventure to last night but mine was unplanned and involved a rainy night and a car running off the road- thankfully not mine. Mine was the car that wouldn't start after stopping and trying to help! I hope your last week is great and you have a wonderful homecoming. I've been praying for your good-byes to go well. Love, Lindsey
KARI!!! I MISS YOU!!! I know you have just been gone from your city for a day- but for some reason I feel like you've moved away... even though I haven't seen you in 2 years- strange huh?? I'm praying for your trip... your transition and your good-byes!! I love you girl and can't wait to talk to you on the phone... I have a US phone number- so we will have to catch up on the phone sometime after you get settled in the US! Talk to ya soon... Love, Amy
Post a Comment