As believers we all know that this world isn't our home anyways....we are just sojourners in a foreign land awaiting our true heavenly home. But now I'm beginning to realize more than ever before what this really means. It's an uncomfortable place to be....we all want the comforts of a place we call 'home', but no earthly home lasts forever. And really we are all searching for a place to call home. So we must walk by faith and not by sight and take courage that those of us who know Jesus as our Lord and Savior can rest assured that whether we are at home or away we are never out of God's hand.
"So we are always of good courage. We know that while we are at home in the body we are away from the Lord, for we walk by faith, not by sight.
Yes, we are of good courage, and we would rather be away from the body and at home with the Lord. So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him."
2 Corinthians 5:6-9
Thanks for your prayers as I leave Uganda Saturday at 10:30pm (2:30pm CST). Today I travel to the capital, Kampala, to finish out my last couple days here. I look forward to seeing many of you in the days to come. Thank you for following my journey....but the journey is not over. While I am leaving Uganda, life is still full of exciting journeys, and I plan to keep blogging even as I return to to the States. So stay tuned!
No comments:
Post a Comment