Well my two year term as a journeyman in Uganda is officially over now I guess. Last week I went back to Richmond, VA to the learning center where it all began. It was great to get to hang out with friends from orientation who were my age and could so easily relate to what I was feeling in coming back to the States. It was so neat to hear stories and see how God had worked in their lives during the last 2 years. It was a bitter sweet expereince. I was happy to be back at the learning center and see old friends, but I was also sad that this part of my life is over. I know I'll be overseas again one day most likely, but that place just gets you so excited about going overseas that it's hard to remain at 'home'. I look forward to hopefully going back there again one day for training.
"So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him." 2 Corinthians 5:9
Wednesday, November 08, 2006
Debriefing...
Well my two year term as a journeyman in Uganda is officially over now I guess. Last week I went back to Richmond, VA to the learning center where it all began. It was great to get to hang out with friends from orientation who were my age and could so easily relate to what I was feeling in coming back to the States. It was so neat to hear stories and see how God had worked in their lives during the last 2 years. It was a bitter sweet expereince. I was happy to be back at the learning center and see old friends, but I was also sad that this part of my life is over. I know I'll be overseas again one day most likely, but that place just gets you so excited about going overseas that it's hard to remain at 'home'. I look forward to hopefully going back there again one day for training.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe if you go back through MLC again I'll be there with you ;-)
Post a Comment