Tuesday, January 11, 2005


Ugandans are some of the most friendly people I have ever met. They always want to do whatever they can to help us...of course we do kind of stick out! Not many white people here go to the downtown markets. But it's a lot of fun because you can bargain (and most of you know how much I like to find a deal ;) Of course you have to deal with all the staring and remarks like...."Take me to America", "You are beautiful", "I love you", or my favorite...."Marry me Muzungu"(white person). I always tell them I live here...and try to speak as much language as I can. I tell them I am a Ugandan now...they like that!

Here are some new "friends" we met in the market. They weren't trying to marry us though, thankfully. Thomas to my left stopped traffic just so I could take a picture! I can't imagine what it would be like to be in a country where people didn't want you there...I am truly blessed to be in a country where people want to know me and why I have come here. Of course they wanted their picture taken with me to be shown back in America. Posted by Hello