Thankfully I was with the Words of Hope team and Pastor Naboth, our new counselor, was able to go get a mechanic friend of his to come and open the small window on the door and unlock the car. I really don't know what I would do without my Words of Hope teammates....they really look out for me. So what would have been a 15 minute run to get some food for lunch turned into a 2 hour process of getting the doors open and then going to buy new locks and having them installed. I couldn't help but laugh....it seems like everything that could have possibly gone wrong with cars has happened to me in the last 8 months! I must have set a record or something among journeymen.....(let's see I've had an accident and flipped my truck over, flat tire with no jack and a bad spare, a counselor left one of my seat belts hanging outside the door and I ran over it, been pulled over for speeding although no ticket was given), gotten my tire clamped twice for wrong parking, backed into my gate at my house, gotten stuck/had to use 4-wheel drive, have had a mud flap fall off twice (it's still currently off), and now have had my truck almost broken-in to)!
But unfortunately the story doesn't end there...tonight I went to give my guard some tea and I noticed that the small window the mechanic had maneuvered to open and unlock the car was now shattered and looked like if I touched it the whole window would break into a million tiny pieces. Apparently it had been 'cracked' during the day and then tonight the decrease in temperature made it shatter. So looks like tomorrow will be another fun day as I go to get this replaced! It's crazy that this happened only a few days before I am going back to Kampala this weekend to get a different vehicle. I have had a lot of difficulty driving this vehicle because of the size and now the past few weeks I have been having a lot of pain in my left knee from the clutch as well as some other problems, including the air conditioning. I had been praying about this car....ever since my accident I have had a lot of fear of driving and have never really felt confident driving this truck. God really is good...there is another vehicle available for me to drive that is much smaller and has an 'easier' clutch! Well, at least I had one more exciting thing happen in this vehicle before trading it for another one....and who knows what tomorrow may bring!
No comments:
Post a Comment