Monday, February 06, 2006

University Student Retreat

Ok I think I am finally going to finish posting pictures from the University student retreat our church had back in January. Here's the whole gang. We had about 35 people come to Lake Navugabo (about 2 hours from here) to learn about what it means to be a true follower of Christ based on Luke 9:23. I taught a session on servanthood and the students modeled Jesus' example of washing the disciples' feet by washing each other's feet. I got to celebrate my 24th birthday camping :) and for those of you who know me you know how much I love camping! :( Sally, Dr. Pepper's wife made me a cake and everyone sang Happy Birthday to me. It was another memorable birthday in Africa. I can't believe I'm 24...I'm getting old! :) Here I am with some of my girl friends (Lillian, Brenda, Cathy, Mildred, and Cynthia). I don't get to spend as much time with these guys as I would like to sometimes cause my ministry focuses on home visits, but I enjoy hanging out with them when I can. Remember these students as they try to to be a light for the Lord on their campus. Pray that they will follow Him no matter the cost!

No comments: