The interesting thing about the Indian Ocean (well at least where we were) was that the tide went out really far every day from about 10-3pm. In fact you can see below the boats that were floating in the water at sunrise were lying on the ocean floor at about noon. We were able to walk out like a mile and still only be to water waist deep...it was crazy! In fact I couldn't even see where the ocean finally began...we could have probably walked out another mile! There are many seaweed farms out in the ocean that local women work each day when the tide goes out. The nice thing about this ocean is that we didn't have to worried about being stung by jelly fish every 2 seconds like in the Gulf of Mexico. There were hammocks around the little place to sit in and enjoy. I definitely reccommend Zanzibar if you ever get to come to East Africa.




4 comments:
Those are some dang fine pictures (and I know good ones when I see them). Glad your vacation went well for you (and for more reasons than just because you got to get away from me for a while :) ).
Wow. These are really nice photos. After seeing Kim's vacation photos and now yours, I think I need a vacation. Only nine more weeks of school this semester - no spring break for engineering students.
uh...are you posing for your senior picture in that hammack? What a hottie!
yeah....we pretty much had a photo shoot on the beach
Post a Comment