Sunday, June 17, 2007

Visit with Wilks

The Wilks were my teammates in Uganda. They finished their term in March and have been staying in Northeast Alabama awaiting God's next step for them. It was so great to get to see them again after 8 months! They were like family to me while in Uganda. Barry will be marrying Spencer and I, along with my Dad, and all the kids will play parts in the wedding as well. I miss being near these guys so much!Little Anna is growing up, but thankfully she still remembered me. She will be our flower girl in the wedding...so cute!
Barry and Scarlett not only took care of me while in Uganda, but were such great friends and gave guidance to Spencer and I. We learned a lot about raising 4 kids on the mission field from them!

Sarah and me...Sarah is still as fun as ever. I wish I had as much energy as her!
Emily and me, Emily can throw the football better than most guys I know! She also took me driving...she has her permit now!

Me, Jared, Anna. We got to go down to Barry's parents' lakehouse and Jared showed me his skills on the 4-wheeler...thankfully we're still alive :)

2 comments:

erin said...

Kari, I read your comment on my blog so I had to come over and say hey. I hope the time until December 8th flies by for you; the waiting is hard, but the reward is GREAT. :)

I got my cake top at a great site called Exclusively Weddings. I actually got my invitations from them as well as some other things for the wedding, and they were super fast with their shipping and service. Here's a link to the cake top (they have others that are different lettering styles as well): http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Wedding_Cake_Tops-Script_Initial_Wedding_Cake_Top_in_Metal_1.html~idProduct~3872~idCategory~13~seq~10~totRecs~22

I think the one we have is about 5 inches, and it was the perfect size. And now we have it on display in our bedroom, and I love it! If you have any other wedding questions, I love talking about it, so just ask. :)

Mallory said...

Hey Kari!!! Congrats! I know you are still on cloud nine. Hey, I'd love to get together soon- maybe we could do coffee again. That was so much fun last time. Hope you are enjoying the summer- i'll try to call you soon.