Christmas enungi is Runyankore (the language I am learning) and actually translates Good Christmas. It was a good Christmas...one I will never forget! I was sad to miss the celebration at home; but don't worry I wasn't alone for Christmas. Some other people from the states who are here serving as well invited us for brunch. We played cards all afternoon and then ended up staying for supper as well. It was a much different atmosphere than I am used to at Christmas back home, but it was nice to somewhat get away from all the presents and just fellowship with other believers. It's neat how when everyone is away from their family you become one big family!
It was also interesting to see how the Ugandans celebrate Christmas. Driving down the street it looked much like any other day...men selling chickens on the roadside, taxis running their normal route, people everywhere. etc. But many people were dressed up and were walking to church services that would last all morning and into the afternoon for some. We passed by a Catholic church and people were pouring out the doors because there were so many. It's interesting how since the focus is not on materialism and presents, they make worship a priority on Christmas Day. We in America sure could learn a lot from these people!