My temporary home
Originally uploaded by kariuganda.
This is where Christy (my roommate for now) and I are living in Kampala, the capital of Uganda. This 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom house is very nice compared to the average standard of living here. Of course there are a few things we are learning to live without...including electricity. The power goes off every other day and then the opposite night for a few hours. We don't have air-conditioningand it does get pretty warm here...upper 80's-90 degrees here...how bout that for December!! Our house is guarded each night by an armed guard, Edward (please pray for his salvation...he is catholic by tradition, but showing interest in learning about becoming a born again Christian). Our house is surrounded by a gate with razor wire as well...I have felt very safe so far. And I have the ultimate Protection which is far better :)
