Friday, December 24, 2004


I'm Aunt Kari to a couple of pretty cute MK's here. Here I am with 3 yr old Rachel. Christmas Eve everyone from our organization here in Kampala ate a nice dinner together complete with a ham (it had to be special ordered from a butcher because they don't usually carry it here)! And yes there is a Christmas tree in the background. It sure doesn't seem like Christmas to me because of the warm weather, and a lot Ugandans don't do anything special because they don't have the money to celebrate. So you don't see the same sights of Christmas as you do at home. But I was reminded tonight that Christmas isn't about presents, or decorations, or even being with family. It is the day of the birth of our Savior. He is the reason I have come to Uganda and He derserves our praise! We can celebrate that no matter where we our. Posted by Hello