
Here is one of our home visit patients...Ambrose and his family. The children were home for lunch from school and we had a really good visit with this family. Both Ambrose and his wife have AIDS. Ambrose has lost his sight because of the disease so he can not work or really do much other than sit all day. His wife tries to do some tailoring to make money for the family. Thankfully both are believers and are trying to rely on God for strength. We were able to spend some time reading scripture and encouraging this family. But I couldn't help but think as we were sitting there that these poor children would be left as orphans soon. I am not for sure if they even understand that their parents are sick. This is just one of the many examples of patients and their families that we, the "Words of Hope Team" visit.
Fun story (kind of)....after taking this picture we got into my truck to head back to Mbarara (about a 40 minute drive). We get back to Mbarara and I can't seem to find my camera anywhere. I thought "oh no..did I leave it back at that village?" Well to say the least I was not the calmest person at this point. I just wanted to cry because a digital camera is not easy to replace out here and I need it to keep you guys updated about life here! But my friend Kathleen, a missionary nurse from Kampala who was visiting me at the time prayed with me. Thankfully I never shed a tear...I started thinking this camera is only a "thing" and crying over it wouldn't do anygood. So I just waited while Enoch and Aloysious (counselors with Words of Hope) took a friend's motorcycle all the way back to the village for me to look for it. I thought there was know way it would still be there because people here are so poor I was sure someone would have already sold it to someone by now (although I seriously doubt they would have known how to use it and it wouldn't be any good without all the cables). But thankfully it was there...Praise God. He is so faithful...even when we are faithless! Pray that God will bless Ambrose and his family for their honesty and that he will continue raising his children in the truth.