Saturday, February 12, 2005


Each friday night some of the University Students from Mbarara Unviersity of Science and Technology meet at the University Baptist Church here for TGIF (Thank God I'm Forgiven). It's just a time for them to have fun and hang out. These students are great...they all speak English really well and remind me a lot of college students back home. My first time at TGIF was "Talent night"....I got talked into being in the eating contest. We had to race to see who could eat some Ugandan food the fastest...a yellow banana, bun (not like our buns...but hard bread), Casava (found in the ground and is kind of like a potatoe but pretty tasteless), and a doughnut (oh but not like American doughnuts...it's pretty much really hard deep fried bread)...oh yeah and a nice bottle of Coca Cola! Well, I didn't win to say the least, but they loved seeing me up there trying to eat Ugandan food...I'm actually beginning to like Ugandan food. It was really difficult to swallow though cause everything was so hard, but I ate most of it. The guy who won ate it all in 4 minutes! Posted by Hello