Saturday, February 12, 2005


Here we are trucking through the African "bush"....Seriously. I couldn't believe this road (or lack there of) I was driving on while searching for one of our patient's home. We usually do home visits Monday and Friday afternoons and all day on Tuesdays and Thursday. It's really tiring for me because the people in the villages only speak Runyankore and I can't understand much right now. Please pray that I will learn the language fast! We try to see around 5 patients on our full days, but we spend a lot of our day searching for houses cause it's really hard to get directions and of course no one has a phone. It's pretty frustrating when you drive and drive and then the patient isn't home or you realize that you are talking with the wrong person (a lot of people have the same names here)! Posted by Hello