Monday, October 24, 2005

Jman Retreat in South Africa!

This past week I was so blessed to get to travel to Johannesburg to meet up with other journeymen serving in Eastern and Southern Africa. We came from Kenya, Sudan, Tanzania, Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, and Uganda for a retreat. It was such a wonderful time of refreshment and fun to actually be with people my own age! It was really encouraging to hear other people's struggles and victories and see how God is working all over the world. It had been almost a year since I had been around peers my own age and I realized how much I miss it! Some highlights were playing American football, 'Speed Scrabble' (yes, mom I actually played Scrabble...it's a different version and really fun), worshiping together, and hearing each other's testimonies. I think journeymen are kind of like family to each other since we are alone here on the field...it's encouraging to see others who are doing the same thing as me. God was so good giving me a 'break' just when I really wanted one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kari,
I am so glad you had a great retreat!! That is fun you all got to get together! I miss Journeymen too- It seems like there are just too many 'adults' around- I guess everyday we are becoming one... kind of scary. I can't wait till next summer! I am ready to see some faces of people I know- 7 weeks made me feel like we are now all family! Love ya and miss talking... we will have to catch up soon.

Matthew said...

I really liked the family comment too. Now that we're back at our stations I miss my family!