Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A trip to the "Saloon"


I know...I can't believe I am putting a picture of my foot on here for the world to see, but I wanted you all to be able to share in the joy of a $2 pedicure. This past weekend my good Uganda friend, Patience, took me to the 'saloon'...that's a place where you get your hair cut, etc...not a bar in the Wild West. And yes, they do call it 'saloon'...don't know why though. It was an experience I will not forget. Of course I got a few funny looks since not too many muzungus come to an African saloon. But there's not a lot to do here in Mbarara and it was actually a lot of fun. I told the guy (yes a guy did my pedicure) to do a design. I don't exactly know what it is, but it involves white lines, sparkles, and black dots...looks pretty cool to me! Don't worry I didn't let them use any of their 'cutting equipment'. But anyways, it was sure nice and cheap. And let me tell you...when you wear sandals everyday here in this heat and dirt your feet get pretty disgusting. Posted by Picasa

No comments: