Sometimes I find myself complaining about Uganda....'it's too hot, the weather never changes, it's always the same everyday, they don't have this or that, the roads are bad', blah blah blah. But this past week God really showed me how blessed I am to be in such a beautiful country. There are only a few places in the world that are virtually 'green' year-round and where you can get fresh fruits and vegetables for practically nothing! And it never gets REALLY hot (over 100 degrees)hardly. God reminded me that I could be in a place like Niger in the desert or in Botswana where this time of year it is SO hot and there is a lack of water or in northern China where it is beginning to snow and there is no heat in the houses. Or even worse I could be in a place like Iraq where I hear bombing at night or Afganistan where there is persecution for sharing the Gospel. But no, I get to sit back in the rolling hills of southwest Uganda with nice rains every few days (in the rainy season) to cool things off and eat fresh pineapple (that costs me 30 cents). And not only that but people WANT to get to know me and the good news I have come to share! Sure life isn't always easy here and I know there are difficulites in living here that people in other countries may not experience. I know that I won't wake up everyday loving life here, but God really has blessed me in bringing me to Uganda. And I pray that next time I begin to complain I will remember that things could always be much worse.
"So whether we are at home or away, we make it our aim to please him." 2 Corinthians 5:9
Sunday, October 30, 2005
Life in Uganda....
Sometimes I find myself complaining about Uganda....'it's too hot, the weather never changes, it's always the same everyday, they don't have this or that, the roads are bad', blah blah blah. But this past week God really showed me how blessed I am to be in such a beautiful country. There are only a few places in the world that are virtually 'green' year-round and where you can get fresh fruits and vegetables for practically nothing! And it never gets REALLY hot (over 100 degrees)hardly. God reminded me that I could be in a place like Niger in the desert or in Botswana where this time of year it is SO hot and there is a lack of water or in northern China where it is beginning to snow and there is no heat in the houses. Or even worse I could be in a place like Iraq where I hear bombing at night or Afganistan where there is persecution for sharing the Gospel. But no, I get to sit back in the rolling hills of southwest Uganda with nice rains every few days (in the rainy season) to cool things off and eat fresh pineapple (that costs me 30 cents). And not only that but people WANT to get to know me and the good news I have come to share! Sure life isn't always easy here and I know there are difficulites in living here that people in other countries may not experience. I know that I won't wake up everyday loving life here, but God really has blessed me in bringing me to Uganda. And I pray that next time I begin to complain I will remember that things could always be much worse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment